Thursday, October 29, 2009

One of "those" weeks...

This week has been "one of those weeks" for me! You know the kind I am talking about... One of those weeks where much goes wrong and not as much goes right? It's during these kind of weeks that I have to remind myself that God is in control! He has a plan! Yup! Even ye old pastor has these kind of weeks and needs to be reminded of the truth of Jeremiah 29:11! Now, the good thing is that I know that God does have a plan and that if I keep my eyes on Him, Romans 8:28 holds true! God wants to see everything work for our good, but He also wants us to keep our eyes focused on Him through the good times and the not so good times. And I believe that sometimes God allows us to face some of the things we do to see if we really believe what we say we believe, to see if we are going to throw in the towel or cling to Him when times get tough. Ephesians 6:12 tells us that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of darkness! Thanks be to God that He has already given us the victory through His Son Jesus Christ!

Why am I sharing this with you? Because, all of us are are going to have "one of those days", "one of those weeks", "one of those years"! We have to remember that God does have a plan! And the first step in that plan is to get you to acknowledge that He is in control! From there, rest in knowing He is control, rely on His comfort,, take comfort in His love, and depend on His strength. And as it says in Proverbs 3:5 & 6, God will direct your paths!

No comments:

Post a Comment