Thursday, December 9, 2010

How Great is Our God - Christmas verse

As I was brainstorming over potential Christmas music the other day I couldn't help but to think about how "How Great is Our God" would fit nicely into a Christmas service.  My brainstorming only led to more brainstorming which led me to begin writing a Christmas verse to this great song written by Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash, and Jesse Reeves.

Now, I'm not the first guy to attempt to write a Christmas verse for this song.  However, different from some others I have seen, my goal was to write just one verse that would capture the entire birth narrative. 

Back a few years ago a Christmas verse was added to Paul Baloche's "Offering" and it ended up being a big hit.  Anyway, my purpose in doing this is not to have a "big hit" but rather to complement one of the greatest worship songs of all time with a verse made just for Christmas.

Feel free to check it out and LMK what you think at http://tiny.cc/hgChristmas

Have a blessed Christmas!

Christian Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment