Sunday, June 15, 2014

10 things I've Learned Since Becoming a Dad

1. I'm more like my own father than I ever realized.
2. My kids look up to me and need me to be proud of them.
3. Telling my kids what I did wrong at their age doesn't always deter them from making similar mistakes.
4. There are some stupid things I did in the past that are better that my kids don't know about.
5. No one will ever be good enough for my daughter.
6. I want my children to have everything I never had and more.
7. I would do anything to protect my children although I can't always do so. 
8. I want to be a great dad but I am well aware I oftentimes fall short.
9. My kids are genuinely great kids and I am honored to be their dad.
10. The greatest thing I can ever teach my children is how much Christ loves me and how much I love Christ.

I can think of many other things but I have to stop at 10 because of the title I created when I started this list.

Christian Dad Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment